WHAT IS PURNA YOGA AND WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS.
“PURNA” means complete, and PURNA yoga integrates the different aspects of yoga into a set of exercises, transformation and healing of the body and the mind with the spirit.
PURNA YOGA is the art of loving yourself by living from the heart.
People who have done no physical exercise at all find numerous benefits through careful alignment of the body as you hold the poses. You will find tremendous growth both physically, mentally and emotionally. Purna yoga develops a sense of balance and harmony, and involves stretching to gain flexibility, meditation to develop peace of mind and relaxation. Indeed, Yoga is more than stretching and relaxation; it is the ultimate mind-body challenge.
THE BENEFITS OF PRACTICING PURNA YOGA
- Improves both flexibility and strength
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Creates mental clarity and focus
- Creates emotional balance
- Is safe for all ages and body types
- Facilitates healing of injuries
- Is a wonderful way to create wellness
- Yoga deepens awareness and appreciation of our bodies